Finances for the Semester Program 2020
Program Fees and Expenses
1. Hebrew University fees: tuition and student health insurance (26 credits) – US$ 4,200
2. Room and Board (subsidized) – US$ 3,900
3. Other Expenses – US$ 1,200
a. Study Trips.
b. Daily transportation to the University.
Total for the Semester: US$ 9,300
During the semester the student will have additional personal expenses that will need to be covered:
1. Pocket money for personal purchases, long-distance calls and faxes, personal photocopying, bus fares, etc., estimated at $100 per month. – US$ 500
2. Books and other translation resources personally selected to take back to the project. – US$300.
Total for the semester: US$ 800
Accommodation charges for a visiting spouse may also be a supplemental expense.
Please note that applicants are to submit a JCBT form stating their financial status in the application process
Scholarships may be available from JCBT through the Mary Gardener fund for translators from French speaking Africa. These will be granted based on need and available funds.
To apply or inquire about a possible scholarship, contact JCBT with the following information early in the application process:
- A short description of the project you are involved in and how this proposed study program may benefit your project;
- A description of your financial situation; and
- Two letters of recommendation from your organization or sponsor, including a professor or a pastor.
Finances for the Short-Term “Land of The Bible” Course
The all-inclusive fee for this course includes room and board, study trips, entrance fees. Airfare and other personal purchases are not included.
Cost: $1,850 for 14 days with 12 overnights.