Finances for the Semester Program 2019
JCBT Fees and Expenses
1. Hebrew University Tuition (total 26 credits) – US$ 3,900
2. Room and Board (subsidized) – US$ 3,900
3. Other Expenses – US$ 1,500
a. Study Trips
b. Health Insurance
c. Daily transportation to the University
4. $500 pocket money to be given back monthly.
5. $300 to purchase useful reference books prior to returning for translation work.
Total for the Semester: US$ 10,100
Additional personal expenses that are to be paid by the student include:
1. Additional books, long-distance calls and faxes, personal photocopying, and other personal expenses should be budgeted as personal pocket money
2. Additional accommodation charges for a spouse.
Please note that applicants are to submit a JCBT form stating their financial status in the application process.
Scholarships for mother-tongue translators may be available through the Jerusalem Center for Bible Translators and are based on need and available funds. To qualify for a scholarship, students must first be accepted to the program.
To apply or inquire about a possible scholarship, contact JCBT with the following information early in the application process:
- A short description of the project you are involved in and how this proposed study program may benefit your project;
- A description of your financial situation; and
- Two letters of recommendation from your organization or sponsor, including a professor or a pastor.
Finances for the Short-Term “Land of The Bible” Course
The all-inclusive fee for this course includes room and board, study trips, entrance fees. Airfare and other personal purchases are not included.
Cost: $1,850 for 14 days with 12 overnights.